Spring cleaning does not just apply for your home or office, it is appropriate for your website too. It is a great time of the year to clean up your website and its content. Does your website display your company’s personality and culture accurately? Is it up to date? Just like your home renovation, do the same for your business website. Your website determines your business’ presence online, as it is the first step of contact that your customers have with your company. Here are a few things from the best SEO Sydney experts when spring cleaning your website –
- Update the Contents of Your Website – Does your website portray your company’s mission? When was the last blog post you published on your website? Is the company contact details and product/service information correct? Nothing is more unprofessional than an out-dated website with wrong information. SEO consultants can give your website a whole new look and grab the attention of customers as well as the search engines.
- Website’s Usability – Your website must be easy to navigate and the internal links must work. Also check if your website is compatible across different devices like phones, tablets, laptops and Desktops. The grammar, spelling, and style of the content should be reliable and consistent across every webpage and reflect the brand’s image. The best SEO Sydney experts help you create a nice looking and easy to website which increases the time spent by customers on the website, and enhances the chance of converting.
- Ensure that the Links are working – Broken links can bring down the credibility and trustworthiness of your website, while enhancing the professional appearance. If the internal and external links on your website which is out-dated or that doesn’t exist your website’s SEO and online visibility are at risk. Get affordable SEO services Sydney, to keep a track of each link on your website frequently and regularly.
- Refurbish your Domain Name – It is a good idea to choose the website hosting plan that calls for an annual renewal. Also make sure that the website is responsive and user-friendly. Your website cannot operate without a good hosting provider. So, make sure that you choose a trustworthy, experienced and responsive hosting provider that is comfortable to work with.
- Switch Over to HTTPS – Convert your website to HTTPS by activating the SSL certificate. This will encrypt and safeguard all the sensitive information like the user’s credit card information, phone numbers, emails etc. that they use to register on your website.
- Optimise and Compress your Images – If your website is taking more than 3 seconds to load, 53% of your site visitors will leave the page. But, do you know, your website’s image could bring down your site’s performance and increase the loading time. So, it is important to look through your website and make sure that the images are compressed without compromising on its quality.